Essential Oils . . . . Essential!
| Donna Page
We already know that you're a styling boss when it comes to your home. You make sure everything looks FABULOUS, and have a great eye for decor. But have you ever thought about your other senses?
When you first enter an amazingly styled space, whether it's a home, gallery, store or whatever, what's the first thing you notice? It might be the look, but chances are, it's also the smell. Just like those yummy fresh bread and coffee smells that stores use to lure you in, you can extend your styling to leave a lasting impression on visitors to your home (even if they aren't sure why they remember it).
The perfect accompaniment to your AbFab Styling Timeless Roses is a few drops of an essential oil. This works perfectly when added directly to our handcrafted wooden roses, and adds the essence of style.
But what type of oil? Here are some great starter ideas for you to experiment with.
- Rose - Seems obvious, right? According to aromatherapists, rose relieves stress, fights anxiety, and relaxes your body and mind. Sounds perfect!
- Lemon - For a clean, crisp scent for a room in your home, opt for lemon oil. It's like a breath of fresh air in a stuffy room.
- Rosemary - If you like your living room to be a great place for catching up, rosemary is a great choice. It is known to stimulate creativity and memory.
- Jasmine - Looking for feelings of calm and relaxation? The rich, floral scent of jasmine can give you just that, as well as evoke feelings of intimacy.
- Cedar-wood - It has a warm, uplifting scent that can bring feelings of nostalgia and coziness, and, from a practical standpoint, can also keep insects away.
There are so many more to try. Just remember, as in most things, less is more. These oils can have very strong scents, so only a few drops onto your AbFab Styling centerpiece is enough. Don't overdo it, or you may find your room overpowering you and your visitors. Also, use only quality essential oils. The cheaper the oil, the less essential oil they actually contain! We've tested oils from Kimmie's House of Scent. Both her 100% Essential Oils and her Natural Oil Blends are Fabulous!
Don't be worried - A few drops have no impact on the colours of our hand-painted roses, but really add that subtle scent throughout your home.